When you’re having a roofing project done for your home, it’s always a good idea to hire a roofer to get the job done. However, as much as possible, you shouldn’t hire the first contractor you see, especially if it’s clear that they’re still somewhat inexperienced in the industry. Instead, you should hire a consummate professional as they’re less prone to making mistakes. In fact, they make a conscious effort to avoid them.
BFARR Contracting, the pros to approach when it comes to your roof repair storm damage needs, lists the six mistakes that expert roofers avoid making.
1. Ignoring the Manufacturer’s Guidelines – Most roofing materials come with guidelines from the manufacturer that states how they should be installed. As much as possible, these guidelines should always be followed as failure to do so can result in a voided warranty. If you hire an expert roofer to install your home’s new roof, ignoring such guidelines is a mistake they will never make.
2. Skipping the Roofing Permit – Most cities require homeowners to first obtain a permit before any work can be performed on the roof. As such, you can rest assured that this is a mistake expert roofers will never make as they themselves will usually obtain the permit for the homeowner.
3. Mismatching the Roofing Shingles – Mismatching the roofing shingles is a visible mistake that inexperienced roofers tend to make when they get their supplies from multiple suppliers. If you hire an experienced roofer, however, this is a roofing mistake that they won’t make as they usually get their supplies from the same distributor.
4. Overlaying – Overlaying is a common practice that inexperienced roofers do in roofing projects as it helps them save money on the job. Unfortunately, this is actually a bad practice as it can cause a roof to deteriorate earlier than expected. Experienced roofing contractors, however, will never make this mistake as they know all about the consequences it can have for your new roof.
5. Improper Underlayment Installation – The underlayment of your roof acts as waterproofing material that is installed directly on the deck of your roof to prevent it from being damaged by water infiltration. As such, it should always be installed properly on your roof deck. Luckily for homeowners like you, if you hire an expert roofer, it’s guaranteed that the underlayment will be installed properly on your home’s roofing system.
6. Neglecting the Attic – Inexperienced roofers aren’t always aware that the attic is a part of your roofing system and therefore, they tend to make the mistake of ignoring it when performing roofing jobs for homeowners. With that in mind, be sure to only hire expert contractors to perform any work on your roof as they’ll know how to ensure your attic is properly doing its job when it comes to keeping your roof in good condition.
Need an expert “repair my roof” service? Don’t hesitate to turn to the pros of BFARR Contracting for assistance. When it comes to residential and commercial roofing projects, we are the number one service provider to approach and you can count on us! Give us a call at (321) 444-6446 or fill out our contact form to get a free estimate.